Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Discipline is not so easy!

Off the internet for more than a week! Not voluntarily, I may add - though that would have been a great accomplishment! When I began this blog in earnest, I always thought it would not be too difficult to write regularly. Since Amy is an early sleeper and dozes off just when my most productive hours begin (isn't it amazing how many families have this same interesting situation!), I thought it would not be too difficult to put down something at least once in 2 or 3 days. Of course, I had not figured in the possibility that the mind sometimes just refuses to follow a discipline at extremes of tiredness. And also, there will be times when my mind is just not in a state to put down something even mildly interesting thanks to the lowness of mood that is a part and parcel of life on earth. So as I recover from both the tiredness of a week on duty as well as the depression that comes when what I preach is not reflected in what I practice (more on this later), I remind myself that discipline is something that does not come naturally to me. And it is in times of stress and tiredness that discipline is important, not when all is hunky-dory! Of course, as the time I spend at work increases, I may have to re-prioritise my time spent on the blog. But till then, if there is no post for more than 4 -5 days, it is likely that I am in need of prayer and I do request the few of you who read this blog to uphold me at those times......

No comments:

Post a Comment