Monday, January 10, 2011

Linkorama 10/1/11

WEEKLY ABORTION STAT: Did you know that in 2009, 39% of pregnancies in New York City ended in abortion? And in some parts of the city nearly one out of every 2 children conceived was murdered in the womb.... A sobering statistic and possibly a sign of things to come..... (HT: JT)

HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR BIBLE READING PLAN: A few of you (ok, three of you!!) wrote to tell me you had started a Bible-reading plan after reading the link I had posted. (Thanks so much for your feedback - its what keeps this blog going.) As for me, I have had some minor setbacks to my own plan, though none that are irreparable!! So if your New Year Resolutions are hitting rough weather already, take a quick look at this entertaining post with some pointers on how to stay on track!

FUN VIDEO: Today's fun video is from a sport I am just about beginning to understand. But the amazing trick play is clear even to an American football illiterate! I'm sure there's a sermon illustration in here somewhere!! (HT: DB)

FUN INFOGRAPHIC: This is pointless, but funny! I've been saving it up for a rainy day! Enjoy. (HT:Z)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Andi for spotting the mistake!! For those who didn't spot it - too late!! For those who spotted it and had a laugh at my expense, well, glad I could make you laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arpit,
    Update on teh Bible reading plan: so far so good. I dwonload the adily reading onto my phone so can access it at any time. I hope to get through this year ( and the Bible) this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies for the typos !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alf, you are obviously doing better than me - am now 2 days behind schedule - hope to catch up on the weekend! Good idea to get it on the phone. Love to Amreena and Tristan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Like the last one.... Why do women cry? I ask myself that question sometimes!

    ReplyDelete