Thursday, January 13, 2011

Linkorama 13/1/11

For some reason, todays links are a little depressogenic, perhaps reflecting my mood....

SALMAN TASHEER'S SONS SPEAK ABOUT THEIR FATHER'S MURDER: The sad story of the killing of Salman Taseer has been on blogs and news articles. I came across articles written by two of his sons on their father's death - his Indian son, Aatish and one in Pakistan, Sherhbano.

THE DEATH OF A HUSBAND: This is one of the few blog posts I have read that brought tears to my eyes. How difficult to lose your young husband to the flu 2 days before Christmas. And to write about it in such a moving way...... (HT:TC)

LOOSE CHANGE TO LOOSEN CHAINS: On a happier note, I came across the story of Zac Hunter, a modern day abolitionist (Thanks Pradeep). At the age of 12, he heard about the 27 million slaves in the world and decided to do something about it. It started by looking through his house for loose change he could give. He took the idea to his school from where it slowly spread. The organisation, Loose change to loosen chains was the result. An amazing story of a boy who is making a difference. His latest blog post gives his perspective of the problem. Reminded me of Lila Rose.... What am I doing.....

OUR WORLD'S POPULATION: Today's video from National Geographic tell the story of the 7 billion people on our planet. (HT:TC)


No comments:

Post a Comment