There's no gas left in the tank, so straight on to the links today.....
SPOUSAL IRRITATION CHECKLIST: It appears there was marriage counselling even in the 1930s! Here are husband and wife checklists to assess the state of your marriage. It's amazing how much of it is relevant even today! It certainly is a good reminder of a few things we often forget. Though some of them are hilarious - among them red nail polish and crooked hose seams!!
- A vague and gnawing pang of anxiety centered around an IM window that has lulled.
- A sudden and irrational rage in response to reading an “@-reply” on Twitter.
- The state of being installed at a computer for an extended period of time without purpose, characterized by a blurry anxiety undercut with something hard, like desperation.
- The car collision of appetite and discomfort one feels when using the Internet to seek out images or information that may be considered inappropriate.
- The sense of fatigue and disconnect one experiences after typing out a long riff on some topic only to hit a wall and abandon the entire thing.
DYING LANGUAGES: National Geographic estimates that 'Every 14 days a language dies. By 2100, more than half of the more than 7,000 languages spoken on Earth—many of them not yet recorded—may disappear, taking with them a wealth of knowledge about history, culture, the natural environment, and the human brain.'
10 COMMANDMENTS FOR RELUCTANT EVANGELISTS: I thought I should post this mainly because the first commandment was - Shut the lid of your computer!! The other ones are more serious though!!
JOHN PIPER RUNS OUT OF PEOPLE TO DEDICATE BOOKS TO: This light-hearted article looks ahead to when one of the beloved evangelical Christian leaders of our time runs out of people to dedicate books to.
After writing his most recent book over a lunch hour, Dr. Piper started working on the dedication, only to realize that he couldn’t think of another person to dedicate a book to. He took a short mental break by memorizing the book of Philippians, then came back to the book problem, only to be stumped again.
TRAILER FOR TIM CHALLIES NEW BOOK: I have only recently come across the concept of a book trailer! This one for Tim Challies new book on technology - The Next Story is really good. Those who live in the US can pre-order it at a discount. The rest have to wait!!