Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Mathew Family News Update

I sometimes have the tendency to speak a little too much too soon! Believe it or not, after all I said about the trains in my last post, I had to take a 34 hour journey the very next day! Now I am back in the geographical, political and spiritual centre of India - Uttar Pradesh for a short visit before I return to Shillong. But that's not the news I want to share. After 2 wonderful years amidst the beauty of Meghalaya, the time has come to leave it all behind and pack up. Amy has qualified for a post-graduate programme in anaesthesia at her Alma Mater, CMC, Ludhiana. She has already joined and I have the lonely job of packing up, saying good-bye and shifting over the next month or so. I will probably have some more reflections on our time in the days to come, but my initial feeling, as I prepare to begin the 'leaving process' is of amazement and gratitude at the journey we have had. I had never considered the North-East as a possible place of work until our wedding - my mind would always drift in the BIMAROU direction. But what a wonderful 2 years we have spent here. The beauty of the place, the warmth of the people, the excellent opportunities at work and the growth of our relationship have been just a few of the blessings we have encountered in these last 2 years. So though we are loath to leave, we are grateful for the clear guidance as to our next step. And we greatly look forward to the next phase in our journey of life knowing that the God who has been so good and faithful to us so far will continue to lead the way as long as we are ready to follow. Thank you all for being a part of our lives through this blog. We look forward to your continued prayers and accompaniment as we make this shift. And the welcome to visit beautiful Shillong still stands, though the window of opportunity to do it while we are there is now closing! Just one month to go!!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Amy! And I sincerely hope you continue writing this blog even after moving to Ludhiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best wishes to both of you for upcoming days at a new place....:)

    BTW i am planning to visit Shillong next month !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving Shillong before I had a chance to visit you there. Happily though, it is for the right reasons and please pass on my heartiest congratulations to Amy for an achievement that's nothing less than remarkable.

    Anyway, it looks like I'm gonna have to make a trip to Ludhiana soon to visit my dear friends. Ludhiana it is then!

    - The Black Mamba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update Mathews! Wishing you the best in your journey and new career advancement! I am sure you will make it home in Ludhiana too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! See you in Ludhiana! Irfan - we have to meet if I am there, will contact you. And TBM, you better make good on that promise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You betcha! As soon as I possibly can.

    - The Black Mamba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Amy! And all the best with the packing and goodbyes Arpit!

    I just remembered, you used to have a skateboard as a kid, right? I think I remember it and the fact that you all lived near "ol' king cole's" statue!!! Just a random memory that appeared out of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right on both counts, Deepa! That's some memory!! Of course, the old King Cole statue was probably depicting one of our old Tamil pot-bellied kings!!
    Btw, TBM, just think, if and when you come to Ludhiana, it may be the end of all the suspense!! And also btw, have you been a little busy lately??...

    ReplyDelete